Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take credit cards for Adoption fees?
Yes, we accept all major credit cards.
I’m interested in learning more about a dog/cat I see on your website. Whom can I contact?
You can call Nuzzles & Co. at (435) 649-5441, or you can email the person listed in the description.
What are your adoption fees?
- Kittens: 1 kitten $75; two kittens $100
- Puppies: $375 under 6 months old; $250 for the ages 6 months – 1 year.
- Adult Cats: $40 or two for the price of one
- Adult Dogs: $150 ages 1 – 7 years old
- Senior Pets – Over 7 years old: $25
What do your adoption fees include? Does the pet come with vaccinations or a microchip?
The adoption fee covers a thorough physical exam by our veterinarian, the spay/neuter surgery, current vaccinations, deworming and microchipping.
Dogs over 4 months have been vaccinated against rabies, distemper/parvo, and bordatella (kennel cough). They have been microchipped, dewormed for parasites, and spayed/neutered.
Puppies (under 4 months) have been vaccinated against distemper/parvo and bordatella. They have been microchipped, dewormed for parasites, and spayed/neutered. The rabies vaccination should be done by your regular veterinarian when your puppy reaches 4 months of age.
Cats over 4 months have been vaccinated against rabies and distempers. They have been spayed/neutered, microchipped, and dewormed for parasites.
Kittens under 4 months old have been vaccinated against distemper. They have been spayed/neutered, microchipped and dewormed for parasites. The rabies vaccination should be done by your regular veterinarian when your kitten reaches 4 months of age.
What are your requirements for adopting a pet?
- Adopter must be at least 18 years of age and have identification.
- If you are under the age of 25 and do not own a home, a lease or rental agreement must be supplied stating that you are allowed to have pets.
- All members of the household should be present for the adoption.
- All animals must be indoor house pets.
- Adopter must be willing to allow a Nuzzles & Co. representative to make an adoption follow up, either in person or by telephone.
- You need to sign a legally binding and enforced contract.
- We offer a lifetime guarantee on all of our pets. That means if, at any time, you are unable to keep your adopted pet, or unable to provide proper care, you must contact us and make arrangements to bring the pet back to us. Please provide as much advanced notice as possible (no less than three days).
- Although we hope to find homes for all of our pets as quickly as possible, we always ensure as matchmakers that our pets go to homes that are suitable for their age, health, and behavioral situations. Every pet is unique; Nuzzles & Co. reserves the right to deny adoptions, when we see that the match is not ideal.
What are your hours at the Adoption Center?
We are open 7 days a week – 12pm-6pm
What are your hours at the Rescue Ranch?
We are open 7 days a week – 12pm-5pm
What should I bring when I come to adopt a pet?
- Please bring the adoption fee and government-issued identification
- It is best if all members of the household are present to adopt a cat or dog.
- If you are planning on adopting a dog and you have a dog (or dogs), you are welcome to bring them so that the dogs can be introduced, and so we can facilitate that introduction (for some our animals, this may be a requirement).
- All cats must be transported in a cat carrier. You may bring your own or we have Go Home Boxes available for purchase for $10.00.
- You may fill out the adoption application ahead of time and bring it with you, or you may fill it out while you are at Nuzzles & Co.
- Most importantly, come as you are – with open arms, and a warm happy heart!